SLIDER

My Wine Dilemma

Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Today I will discuss something of the highest importance: wine. That, and the dilemma that a wine novice will face.

I recently attended one of the greatest events of the year here in the Triangle to kick off Spring with music, weather, and sipping on something fantastic. It's called the Great Grapes! Wine & Food Festival.

Not from the Raleigh area? Don't fret! This festival makes its way to four other locations in three different states. Chances are there are similar meetups near you as well.

Other than the obvious, the purpose, for me, of this festival was to combat the classic "label vs. taste" dilemma that many girls experience when they go to the store. I can't tell you how many times I've bought a bottle based on how cute the label was, only to find that I wasn't a huge fan of its contents. I was tired of wasting money and just wanted to narrow in on what I really liked.

After tasting literally dozens of wines (bottled water was definitely involved), my jazzy little group unanimously agreed that there was one brand of wine that was delicious across the board.

The name is Southern Charm WineryTheir bottles are currently all under $15!
Our personal winners were:

  • "Honeysuckle" - a light blend of apples, pears, and honey, yet not so tart that you can only have one glass.
  • "Carolina White" - A sweet white that won the Gold at the Southeastern Wine Competition. Perfection.
  • "Edisto Black" - A darker option of sweet blackberry flavored wine that also took home the Gold at the Southeastern Wine Competition. 

Don't hesitate to order a bottle of this liquid loveliness for the inevitable bridal showers, beach trips and post-work shin-digs this Spring! And trust me - the labels on this one are sufficiently cute ;)

It was a gorgeous day! Here's a little sneak peek into the event:


 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design