SLIDER

Moving Madness

Wednesday, April 8, 2015
My husband and I always knew that we wanted to own a home as soon as possible after tying the knot. It isn't right for everyone, but we really felt the need to settle into a place we would call our own.

After months of obsessing over websites like the Parade of Homes, Zillow and Trulia, I happened to stumble upon this beautiful craftsman style place in our favorite area. It was everything I could have hoped for.

We move mid-May!

Now the important part - decor of course! I, like so many other southern women I'm sure, tend to favor the taste of my mother. I grew up in a home filled with natural light and neutrals accompanied by wonderful pops of color in the Spring and deep shades of red during the holidays.  Our new place enables me to do just that.

Without further ado, here are a few shots of my blank canvas:


Cabinet color: Cherry Java

Granite: Santa Cecilia

Spring has sprung here, so as a rule I only direct myself towards things that I will use in the next 6 months. With the rich brown and creamy beige of the downstairs, I've decided on blue, green, and maybe even salmon accents!

Recent purchases include:



Fiddle Leaf Fig: HomeClick   |   Bombay Vase: Wayfair   |    Pillow: Zazzle



There are a BUNDLE of posts to come about our love nest in progress! In the meantime, this girl will be enjoying wine festivals, outdoor beach music, and chipping away at my ever-growing book collection :)






No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design