SLIDER

Wedding Confessions

Saturday, April 18, 2015
It's time to spill the beans. The first wedding I ever attended was my own.

Bizarre, right? When I became engaged back in 2013, I thought it was the worst situation a bride could  be in. Many of my friends had been to a handful of weddings in their lives, and most have even been in them. Well, not this girl. I'm the oldest in my family, first to get engaged of my friends, and always ended up out of town when I was younger. I had no idea about wedding etiquette, that there were "traditional vs. modern" options for everything, or that things get booked out SO fast!

Do you want to know what the absolute worst part was? NO ONE would help a girl out and tell her what to do when I asked. If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "It's your day, choose whatever you like best..."

Everyone is petrified of influencing the bride in the South. Unless you're her mother. From the food to the getaway car, it became clear that I was on my own.

But then I realized..... this is the most amazing thing that could happen.

This was MY wedding! I wasn't influenced at ALL by my friends and neighbors' ceremonies. Every single decision I made, I made because I favored it. I didn't see something at Susie's wedding and subconsciously think that I'd be judged if mine didn't have it.

Once I switched mindsets, everything changed. I was proud that I was putting together such a day right by myself. Ladies - even if you have been to another wedding, I urge you to do this exercise. There are so many emotions and people tied to this one event that your feelings can get lost in the mix.

Take back the power! Say, "What would I want if I had never attended a wedding before?"

Without further ado, here are a few pictures of my day. The venue is The Grand Marquise Ballroom, and these photos are by the extraordinary Walters & Walters.  James and Meredith are a dream to work with!











Until next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design